**SUMMER CAMP FLASH SALE**
Offer expires Monday, April 22nd at 6:00PM.
Registration is discounted to a flat $100 fee regardless of the number of weeks you schedule!
Camp is discounted to $140 per week!
Central Karate Louisiana Summer Camp is open to children entering grades 1st though 8th. Registration forms are available upon request via email and messenger or you may stop by our location and pick one up. Spaces will be filled on a first come first serve basis. This offer is only good for new Summer Camp Registration only and cannot be combined with any other offer. Any registration forms turned in after 6:00pm on April 22nd will be charged the regular Summer Camp rate.
Please find a list of upcoming events. As these events approach, more info will be posted about these events as they near.
- May 4th: Ince Karate Tournament (The Woodlands, TX)
- May 13-16: Pre-Test Week (tentative)
- May 17-18: Masters & Black Belt Training and Testing in Monroeville, PA (All Black Belts encouraged to attend)
- May 24-25: Gup Testing
- May 27: School Closed in observance of Memorial Day
- May 28th: Summer Camp Begins!
- July 4th: School Closed in observance of Independence Day
- July 24-Aug 2: School Closed for European Championships (Cardiff, UK)
- November 15-16: Masters & Black Belt Training and Testing in Texas (location TBA)
Our March Awards Night is scheduled for Saturday, March 30th from 12:00-2:00. All students should come dressed in their uniforms (do bok) with a t-shirt underneath. Students will receive their After the awards ceremony Gup certificates from the ITF as well as any patches they may not have. Awards will also be handed out for 1st and 2nd 9 weeks report cards. We also have some special awards that will be handed out. The students do not know if they are receiving a special awards. We watch the students attendance, attitude, Tang Soo Do Spirit, and performance during class and then choose who receives the awards.
After the awards are handed out, students and their parents are invited to join in our potluck lunchen. All families are asked to sign up to bring a small dish for the potluck. As always, Central Karate provides a large sandwich tray as well as paper goods needed for the event. A sign up sheet for the potluck has been placed on the bulletin board.
Masters & Black Belt Club members:
Due to Sa Bom Nim being sick, we are rescheduling our meeting to Saturday, March 23rd from 10-12. Hopefully the weather will be nice that day and we can do throwing stars and knives as originally planned. Tang Soo!
Our April testing date and Pre-Testing is quickly approaching. Because of the upcoming Easter/Spring Break Holidays, our Pre-Testing for our April test will take place the last week of March. As a reminder, Pre-Testing is required to be eligible for testing. Students must also be able to answer Terminology questions AT THEIR PRE-TEST. Terminology questions can be found under the Student Section Tab above. The Pre-Test and Testing Schedule is as follows:
- Monday, March 25th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for Orange & Green
- 7:00 – Red, Blue, & Black Belt Pre-Test (this includes Black Belts testing in Florida)
- Tuesday, March 26th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for All Ranks
- 7:00 – White & Yellow Belt Pre-Test
- Wednesday, March 27th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for White & Yellow Belts
- 7:00 – Green Belt Pre-Test
- Thursday, March 28th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for Red & Up
- 7:00 – Orange Belt Pre-Test
- Friday, March 29th
- Make up Pre-Test (must have Dr excuse or spoken with Kyo Sa Nim Kennedy)
- Friday, April 5th
- Green Belts 6:15-7:30
- Red, Blue, & Black Belts who are unable to make Regional Testing 7:30-9:00
- Saturday, April 6th
- White Belts 9:00-10:00
- Yellow Belts 10:15-11:15
- Orange Belts 11:20-12:50
- Monday, April 8th
- Make up testing at 7:45 pm (must have Dr excuse or spoken with Kyo Sa Nim Kennedy)
Our upcoming Tournaments tab has been updated. Click above for the latest info on local upcoming tournaments in our area. While they are not required, all students of all ranks are strongly encouraged to participate in tournaments.
Central Karate Louisiana will be offering Day Camps during Spring Break. Camps are open to all children in grades K-8th (you do not have to be a karate student to attend). Camp is from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and the cost is $20 per child per day. Campers must also bring a lunch as well as a small pillow and blanket for movie time. We are in the process of planning our field trips and they will be announced soon. Additional Field Trip fees may apply.
You may register by stopping by the school and placing your child’s name on the sign up sheet, by calling us at 261-6326, or by email at email@example.com
Camps will be offered April 15-18th as well as the 22nd. There will not be a charge for After Schoolers to attend camp on the 22nd only. Central Karate will be closed on Friday, April 19th in observance of Good Friday.