- May 4th: Ince Karate Tournament (The Woodlands, TX)
- May 13-16: Pre-Test Week (tentative)
- May 17-18: Masters & Black Belt Training and Testing in Monroeville, PA (All Black Belts encouraged to attend)
- May 24-25: Gup Testing
- May 27: School Closed in observance of Memorial Day
- May 28th: Summer Camp Begins!
- July 4th: School Closed in observance of Independence Day
- July 24-Aug 2: School Closed for European Championships (Cardiff, UK)
- November 15-16: Masters & Black Belt Training and Testing in Texas (location TBA)
Our March Awards Night is scheduled for Saturday, March 30th from 12:00-2:00. All students should come dressed in their uniforms (do bok) with a t-shirt underneath. Students will receive their After the awards ceremony Gup certificates from the ITF as well as any patches they may not have. Awards will also be handed out for 1st and 2nd 9 weeks report cards. We also have some special awards that will be handed out. The students do not know if they are receiving a special awards. We watch the students attendance, attitude, Tang Soo Do Spirit, and performance during class and then choose who receives the awards.
After the awards are handed out, students and their parents are invited to join in our potluck lunchen. All families are asked to sign up to bring a small dish for the potluck. As always, Central Karate provides a large sandwich tray as well as paper goods needed for the event. A sign up sheet for the potluck has been placed on the bulletin board.
Our April testing date and Pre-Testing is quickly approaching. Because of the upcoming Easter/Spring Break Holidays, our Pre-Testing for our April test will take place the last week of March. As a reminder, Pre-Testing is required to be eligible for testing. Students must also be able to answer Terminology questions AT THEIR PRE-TEST. Terminology questions can be found under the Student Section Tab above. The Pre-Test and Testing Schedule is as follows:
- Monday, March 25th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for Orange & Green
- 7:00 – Red, Blue, & Black Belt Pre-Test (this includes Black Belts testing in Florida)
- Tuesday, March 26th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for All Ranks
- 7:00 – White & Yellow Belt Pre-Test
- Wednesday, March 27th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for White & Yellow Belts
- 7:00 – Green Belt Pre-Test
- Thursday, March 28th
- 6:05 – Regular Class for Red & Up
- 7:00 – Orange Belt Pre-Test
- Friday, March 29th
- Make up Pre-Test (must have Dr excuse or spoken with Kyo Sa Nim Kennedy)
- Friday, April 5th
- Green Belts 6:15-7:30
- Red, Blue, & Black Belts who are unable to make Regional Testing 7:30-9:00
- Saturday, April 6th
- White Belts 9:00-10:00
- Yellow Belts 10:15-11:15
- Orange Belts 11:20-12:50
- Monday, April 8th
- Make up testing at 7:45 pm (must have Dr excuse or spoken with Kyo Sa Nim Kennedy)
Central Karate Louisiana will be offering Day Camps during Spring Break. Camps are open to all children in grades K-8th (you do not have to be a karate student to attend). Camp is from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and the cost is $20 per child per day. Campers must also bring a lunch as well as a small pillow and blanket for movie time. We are in the process of planning our field trips and they will be announced soon. Additional Field Trip fees may apply.
You may register by stopping by the school and placing your child’s name on the sign up sheet, by calling us at 261-6326, or by email at email@example.com
Camps will be offered April 15-18th as well as the 22nd. There will not be a charge for After Schoolers to attend camp on the 22nd only. Central Karate will be closed on Friday, April 19th in observance of Good Friday.
This event is open to all current Black Belt students as well as any Cho Dan Bo students who have been given permission to test for their Black Belt. While it is not mandatory to attend this event, all Black Belts are strongly encouraged to attend.
The testing will be held at Marcus Point Baptist Church Gymnasium (6205 North W Street, Pensacola, FL 32505). Registration/Check in will begin at 8:30 am and Opening Ceremonies will begin at 9:30 am. If you are planning to attend this event to test or recert, you must tell Kyo Sa Nim Kennedy no later than April 4th.
Please be sure to bring your sparring gear and weapon with you. Also all current Black Belts must dress in ITF formal attire when arriving to testing. Formal attire consist of a navy sports coat with ITF patch sewn on, white or light blue dress shirt, and khaki pants (or skirts for young ladies). Young men should wear an appropriate colored tie as well. For our Cho Dan Bo students, a white or light blue dress shirt and khaki pants are
recommended, but not required. For parents of young students Kyo Sa Nim Kennedy recommends looking at the local Discount Dillards or other thrift/consignment stores for sports coats for young men and women as they are still growing.
If you are driving, the Best Western Blue Angel Inn (2390 W Detroit Blvd, Pensacola, FL 32534) 844-684-9427 would be a great choice. It’s under 10 miles from the venue.If flying in, we recommend the Hilton Garden Inn (1144 Airport Blvd, Pensacola, FL 32504) (850) 479-8900. It’s located 3 miles from the venue and only 2 miles from the airport. The hotel provides free shuttle to and from the airport.