Parents & students:
It is with a heavy heart that we regret to announce that we will NOT be offering a Before & After School Program for the 2020-2021 school year. As many of you know, we significantly downsized in May in order to avoid having to permanently close. Since the move, the business is still struggling.
At this time, we must do what’s best for Central Karate and our family. We are simply unable to offer the quality Before & After School Program that we have in previous years. We hope that things begin to return to normal and that it is something that we are able to offer in the future. We are still offering Traditional nightly karate classes and we are accepting new and former students at this time.
We cannot tell you how much we miss seeing our Summer Camp and After School students and how much we will miss seeing them during the school year. We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. We also want to thank all of our current students and their families for their continued support during this very difficult time.
Sa Bom Nim Kennedy, Mrs. Lauren, and Miss Shelbi
Attention parents & students!
We are adjusting class times beginning next week, July 13th. White & Yellow Belts will now be combined. The Orange & Red Belt class times have moved up. Classes will now begin at 6:00 pm instead of 6:05. Please see the new & adjusted July calendar. We have copies in the lobby if you’d like to grab one. Tang Soo!
Good afternoon! In case you haven’t seen it, today, June 22, 2020, our Governor announced that Louisiana will remain in Phase 2 for 28 more days. With this announcement, we wanted to issue some new and updated policies and procedures that will be in effect until further notice.
Effective today, June 22, 2020:
- No one will be allowed inside the building other than students. We ask that parents drop off and pick up at the door. If the weather is bad, we don’t mind if you pull up to the door, just be mindful of the other businesses that may be open.
- Should a parent/guardian need to discuss a business matter, we ask that you call or send a remind message if possible. If it is a matter that needs to be discussed in person, please come prior to the beginning of your student’s class time.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early to class. Students will not be allowed to sit in the lobby and wait for extended periods of time until their class starts.
- Students may only attend their class. We had originally told advanced ranks that they could attend lower rank classes for review. With class sizes continuing to increase, we will no longer allow students to participate in other classes. We appreciate your understanding.
- Mask are not required for students; however if they choose to wear one, that is their choice.
- All RED BELTS & higher need to bring their own staff (bong) on weapons night. It was previously not a requirement for students to have their own; however, we will no longer allow students to borrow one from us. We have 1 staff left out the 5 dollar sale!
- Students need to bring a water bottle with them to each class or $1 to purchase one from us. Please bring exact change. No IOU’s.
- If a student complains of not feeling well, is showing symptoms of illness, or begins to show signs of illness during class, they will be sent home immediately.
- We will continue with no sparring and no ho sin sul until we feel it is safe to do so. I can tell you that when we do move to sparring, ALL STUDENTS will be required to purchase a face shield that will fit existing headgear. This item will need to be purchased through Central Karate. We will have a sale prior to us beginning to spar.
We also want to take a moment to say THANK YOU! to all of our parents and students for being understanding during this time. Your continued support towards Central Karate is appreciated more than you know! TANG SOO!👊🥋
Wow! What a weekend. A HUGE KO MAP SUM NI DA to Grandmaster CS Kim, Sa Bom Nim YD Kim, Sa Bom Nim Dufour, and all of the other Sa Bom Nims, Kyo Sa Nims, and Black Belts who came out to support and join us this weekend. This event is definitely one everyone will remember and cherish for a very long time. We are so grateful for having had the opportunity to have Choong Jae Nim down for the weekend to visit our Do Jang and provide our students with a weekend of learning and training through the seminars that were taught. Time spent with Tang Soo Do family is always time well spent! Tang Soo!!
Effectively immediately we will begin using Remind for text message reminders from Central Karate. To sign up, simply text @cklatsd to 81010
Parents/Guardians can train FREE for 3 months with their child! Contact us for more details! 261-6326 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A quick reminder regarding uniforms (do boks). We have noticed a lot of dirty and stained uniforms lately. Please be sure to make sure uniforms are neat and free of stains. New uniforms are always available at the do jang for purchase. Uniforms are only to be worn to and from class. ITF etiquette calls for only the pants to be worn to and from class and the top and belt put on upon entering the school. As a reminder, we have a changing room that students may use as needed. ALL STUDENTS need to get their patches on their uniforms ASAP. Remember they are not iron on. With the exception of White Belts, every student should have an ITF patch as well as the Flag patch on their uniform at all times. If you need to purchase patches, please see Mrs. Lauren. STUDENTS WITHOUT PATCHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PRE TEST OR TEST!
UNIFORMS SHOULD BE CLEAN, NEAT, AND FREE OF STAINS AT ALL TIMES!!
White Belt Students will not have any patches on their uniforms.
Yellow & Orange Belt Students are required to have the red ITF patch on the front left of their uniform and the Flag patch on the right sleeve at all times. Please make an effort to get these patches sewn on ASAP.
Green & Red Belt Students are required to have the ITF patch & Flag patches on their uniforms at times. Green & Red Belt Students are also required to have lapel trim on their uniforms. Ribbon is available at the do jang upon request.
If anyone needs to purchase patches, they are available in the office for $10 per patch. These uniform requirements are set by the International Tang Soo Do Federation.
Tang Soo Parents and Students,
As some of you are aware, the jewelry situation has gotten out of hand here at the do jang. No only is it causing a distraction to students, it is also unsafe for students to wear jewelry during class and it can potentially be unsafe if they are working with a partner.
Effective 6/6/16, we will have a strict NO JEWELRY policy in class. The only exceptions will be a small pair of stud earrings and wedding rings/bands for those adult students whom are married.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance with this new rule.
Central Karate Louisiana